…For you to choose to use!
When you self-publish your book you need to get the word out to let people know about it. Your book won’t sell if no one knows it exists then how can they buy it. The saying, “if you build it, they will come!” does not work with book publishing.
If you’re like me and hate the marketing process of it, I understand. But it is necessary to do it.
I have 3 books up on Amazon that I have self-published. But because of my lack of marketing skills, I have sold very few copies. But I am learning more about marketing every day.
My smoothie book will occasionally get reads through the kindle unlimited program. I have learned enough about marketing that I can market them better to get the word out. But I have decided to wait for a little on that.
See, since I have published them I have learned better editing skills. So before marketing, I want to take one down at a time and edit them all over again. Once I do this I will republish them and market the heck out of them.
I was reading a newsletter article about more than 100 websites for marketing your book or books. Some are free to use their services and some were offering paid marketing services. I was excited to read about those sites.
I had to share some of these sites with you because I was that excited. In this article, I talk about 5 different ones. All these offer a free plan and some offer small payment offers.
In this article, I have mentioned the free plans and paid plans. This will give you a glance at all that they have to offer. Also, don’t forget the extra link at the end of the article with bonus sites.
So what sites can you use for free? Well read on and I will tell you.
- Up to 4 books listed
- Basic author page.
- Up to 100 auto-tweets with the tweet scheduler.
- Listing in the book directory.
Paid plan $59/6mo.
- Unlimited books listed.
- Not auto-renewed must be renewed every 6 months.
- Premium author page.
- 1 book in the features section.
- List books that are free, KU, and 99¢ in the book deals section.
- Author interview.
- Unlimited 3D mock-up banner.
- Weekly book mockup banner.
- Review gif maker.
- Books must be free or 99¢
- Available also on Amazon.uk
- The free or 99¢ deal must not only be available on prime or KU.
- Free to advertise on this site.
- Open admission
- 2 weeks on the front page.
- 7 days on the sidebar.
- In the newsletter, Facebook, and Twitter.
- Added to the categories page.
- Requires a 3.5-star review
- Or a fiction book with no reviews.
- A nonfiction book must have 5 reviews.
- Books must be $2.99 or less.
- It does not charge to list your book.
- Listed under 1 genre.
- A permanent dedicated page per book.
- Permanent author’s personal profile page.
- These pages are shared on social media pages.
- Takes 3–4 weeks from the submitted data to be listed.
- All benefits of free listing.
- Listed within 48 hours.
- Extensive posting on social media sites.
- Includes a random book block on the site. This is extra advertising.
- Costs $4.99
Free books and deals
- Costs $3.99
- Will spread the word about your free or discounted promotion.
- Will be extensively shared and announced.
- The review process will take 24–48 hours.
Advertise with us
- Open to any company, organization or author. for those who want to advertise their products and services. Not just books and publications, through the website.
- The adds will be placed on one of 3 specific spots that you can choose from.
- The adds will run either 1 week, 2 weeks or 1 month.
Here is a bonus link to the original article that contains these site links. Be careful though, some of the links to these sites listed in this article don’t work. But there are still so many that do work and will keep you happy to use for a long time.
There is one difference between the article I read and my article here. In this article, I listed all the services you receive on these sites and any fees associated with them. The other article doesn’t list the complete services by the site.
There are only 5 sites mentioned in this article but the other one lists many more.
Now you have some free marketing tools to get you started. Market your book or books. And one site even allows you to market your other services or mailing list if you want.
Try choosing one site per day. Spend no more than 15 or 30 minutes researching and requesting your book or books to be marketed. The next day goes to another site and do it again.
Be sure to keep notes on the following:
- What sites you started marketing on
- The date the promotion started on that site
- How long the advertising will last on that site.
- How much did you spend on marketing for that site?
- And the data. Was it a success? Or did it fail? How many books sold due to the site (if the data is available)?
This shows what succeeds and what failed. What you want to use again and what you don’t want to use again.
So have fun with your marketing!
Note: none of these links are affiliates. I do not make any money by sharing this information other than what medium pays me for your read time on this article.
Are you ready to begin email marketing but not exactly how to go about it? Well, you can join me in my free 7-day Email Marketing course.
I will take you through the steps of picking your niche and building your list. I will also talk about creating email campaigns and marketing to your list.
I will also talk about what types of emails you can send and when to send them.
So if your ready to take your business to the next level come and join me in my 7-day email marketing class.
All you have to do is to click here!